Legislation & Duties of Economy Coordination Board
The Republic of Turkey
The Official Gazette
Date: 18 February 2009 No.: 5838
Law on Amendments of Some Laws
Following additional article is annexed to the Decree Law 3056 of 10 October 1984 for the Organization of the Prime Ministry,
Economy Coordination Board
Additional Article 9
Economy Coordination Board is composed of the ministers appointed by prime minister. Board member Deputy Prime Minister executes the chairmanship of the Board.
Economy Coordination Board may invite related ministers, public officials, representatives from private sector, nongovernmental organizations and universities to the Board meetings.Duties of Economy Coordination Board are:
- Monitors and evaluates developments with regards to economic stability
- Coordinates plans and programs with regards to monetary, credit, finance, debt and other economic issues
- Monitors and evaluates international and national economic developments, conducts necessary studies or request them from relevant departments
- Provides coordination for determining, implementing and revising the policies and procedures related to economic security and defense,
- When necessary, evaluates income reducing or expenditure increasing proposals, conducts impact analyses for necessary ones or requests them from relevant departments
- Provides coordination for determining, implementing and revising state aid policies,
- Monitors and evaluates the implementations of the Board decisions, informs relevant ministers and government departments about their results and presents them to the Prime Minister.
Working procedures and principles of the Board, the selection of the representatives from public and private organizations and the secretarial services of the Board are determined by the secondary regulation.
The Board has the right to request any kind of information and documents with regards to its duties from ministries and public organizations.